Well regardless of what they imply by american flags etc, I'll note
it looks the same as any other diesel generator made in China. Some
vendors supply GFCI outlets and remote starting btw, and some for a
few bucks more come with sound insulating covers.  Like say

http://cgi.ebay.com/LONGEVITY-6500-WATT-SILENT-DIESEL-6-5KW-
GENERATOR-6000_W0QQitemZ280162269729QQihZ018QQcategoryZ106437QQssPageNam
eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a 6500 Kw gas generator (honda powered) I bought in 1999 and I
know from experience  (50 straight hours last winter) that it will
power, oh say some lights, the entertainment system, the office
computers, a space heater or a hot plate, the fully automagic
espresso coffee machine, and the fridge.

So lights, TV, some heat, fridge, excellent coffee, minimal cooking.
But no hot water.  Still it's better than the neighbours who in the
28F weather had to flee to hotels.

As pointed out you need a 10Kw + unit to really provide central gas
heating and likely hot water, add in a stove (that's more...)

On Oct 15, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

> What do you all think about this little generator?  Will it power a
> house in a blackout?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/6500-Watt-Generator-10-hp-Diesel-Electric-
> Start_W0QQitemZ260171250393QQihZ016QQcategoryZ106437QQssPageNameZWDVWQ
> QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

John
1983 300TDt  384k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990's 300TDt  208k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 194k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)