Va power is evaluating resuming construction of a Nuke at one of their
existing sites.  IIRC, they had a building permit at one time - don't know
how long it is good for or perhaps it doesn't expire.  I;'m sure the
environmentalists will be trotting to court to put the brakes on -

IMO, nuclear is the only practical way to provide power to vast numbers of
the population.  Even France is fully committed to nukes.

I worked on the Clinch Riv Breeder Reactor project near Oak Ridge Tn - the
politicians dumped it after spending $2.5 Billion on construction and
material.  Ended up with a very expensive hole in the ground.  The project
was never meant to provide electricity - only to prove the concept on a
production but one congressman said, "We don't need the electrity."  Duh, we
just added a turbine generator to prove the  project.

Another congressman, further showing his ignorance said, "We have waste nuke
matl stored al over the US - we don't need another reactor producing waste."
The nitwit didn;t understand that we were building a reactor that would
*use* all that waste as fuel!!  Double duh!

Oh well - too late now.

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
.