Mitch asked: "Does anybody have a workable strategy for getting Chrysler to
honor a lifetime warranty without suing them?".

Now that's a loaded question, since the Chrysler lifetime warranty has not
been out long enough for any of the vehicles to go past a standard warranty.

My wife worked on the Chrysler five star certification team a while ago and
she'll tell you in a second that they have an excellent service program.
But, take you car in with a worn out engine & 4" of sludge in the pan and
you & the service manager will have a discussion.

Regardless of the manufacturer, we are mostly responsible for engines that
wear out early. There are some exceptions, like the 3.8 liter engine in my
Son's M class, the "rod bender" Mercedes diesels and the late 80's
Mitsubishi V-6.

Thanks,

Tom Hargrave

www.kegkits.com