Tom Hargrave wrote:

> Mitch asked: "Does anybody have a workable strategy for getting Chrysler to
> honor a lifetime warranty without suing them?".
>
> Now that's a loaded question, since the Chrysler lifetime warranty has not
> been out long enough for any of the vehicles to go past a standard warranty.

I bought a Plymouth new in 1989 with Chrysler Mastershield rustproofing,
lifetime warranty on rust through, limited to $2000, must be inspected
every two years.

Selling dealer kept telling me, since about 1995, not rusted through yet,
nothing we can do. Then that dealer closed, and in 1999, another dealer
told me "gee, what a mess, this should have been fixed years ago". He
suggested that maybe I should buy another new car and they'd work with
me on the price. I made five phone calls and two more visits to that
dealer over a three month period, every time to be told "I haven't
had a chance to talk to my DSM about this yet".
2001, same dealer, different manager. Refused to even give me written
evidence that I brought the car in for inspection. I do have a tape of
me asking for it. Said he'd contact his district service manager, did
nothing.
2003, same dealer, body shop manager #3: Also refused to give me
confirmation that I brought the car in for inspection as required,
and I have a tape of this guy telling me not to expect anything,
because "Chrysler doesn't like to honor its warranties".
I could go on, but you get the picture. So don't go telling me that I
don't know what I'm  talking about.

Chrysler is a criminal organization that intentionally refuses to pay
valid warranty claims. There, did I phrase it plainly enough that time?

I repeat, how do I get them to pay the $2000 they owe me, without taking
them to court (an action which is long overdue and I am fully willing to
take)?
Mitch.