Howdy,
    ya know, rounding up on all transactions can mean millions of
dollars/franc/whatever - years ago one of the 1st computer crime involved a
programmer (or something) who added some code so each transaction was
rounded down and the 1/2 penney, 3/4 penney/whatever was put into an account
only he knew about - then as the money built up he would have that account
issue checks to bogus companies he had created -

    this was at a company that processed all the produce being picked in Ca
(IIRC) so there were a LOT of transactions - every time a truck arrived full
of tomatoes they'd pay them - and there were a lot of trucks.   The truck
would get, say, $10,000.018  (based on weight) and the program would round
the payment down to $10,000.01 and the extra $.008 would go his way.

    This happened in the 60s or 70s I believe and not that many people were
familiar with computers - and when the programmer was making things as
complicated as possible it was even tougher to see what was happening.  Of
course, he was eventually caught.

    Also read that white collar criminals average $1million to $2Million
dollars per crime while people who walk into a bank and say, "Stick em up."
get around $300.  Not very profitable considering the risk.

    Copper stealing probably takes a lot of work considering the profit
also.  Risk of getting caught would seem high also - although those on this
list seem to keep getting hit -
;-)

    Merry Christmas -
Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
.