Allan Streib wrote:
> Yes, I am sure the discussion at McDonald's headquarters went
> something like this:
>
> "What's the matter, Ron?"
>
> "Well Don, we've run flat out of ideas on how to scr*w our customers."
>
> "No problem Ron, I've been working on a new idea on how we can burn
> them with our coffee!"
>
> "Wow!  Sounds great, Don!"

They may not have been directly trying to screw us, but there was
probably some benefit to keeping the coffee that hot (no idea what that
might be) that saved the company money or something.  Hence why it took
a lawsuit to get them to stop doing it.  McDonalds is like Wal-Mart in
that if you save $.05 at one store, you save tons of money across all of
them.

John