On Jan 21, 2008 3:13 PM, RICHARD FIne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyways, I test drove an "87" 300SDL yesterday... I was quite dissappointed
> at the total lack of >throttle response, extreme sluggishness. This car had
> no power at all, to the point of being >dangerous... this car would not be
> able to get out of it's own way in case of an accident.

It was broken.  Probably the boost signal line, like Rich said.  You
had an '87 300D?  The SDL should be very nearly as fast off the line.
It has a 500-lb penalty over the 124 body, but different gearing to
make up for it.  Anyway, it should be a rocket compared to any 123
car.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D et al.