On Feb 11, 2008 3:45 PM, LarryT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Ed, agree completely --
> We had a 78 Malibu with the 305 engine and that engine was flawless.

> Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)

I used to own a 1991 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 Police Interceptor with the TBI
350. Car had almost 200,000 miles on the odometer when the water pump blew
and sprayed coolant *everywhere*, like a water balloon burst. Well,
overheated the engine and warped a head. Had a new pump put on and drove it
another month or two with it ticking before trading it off on a Korean
import.

Wish I hadn't done that. I miss that car. Get this, the dealer that took it
in from me gave me a good price for it, because they had some kind of buying
overseas that picked these huge ex-cop cars up and refurbished them for
wealthy people or something. At least that's the story I was given when I
asked what would happen to her.

*sighs*

I could drive that car, and I kid you not, with my left leg out the window
*on* the rearview mirror. Not completely intelligent mind you, but she was
*that* big. I also know the car could do 100mph with out batting an eyelash
and feel like she was still at 60. But we won't talk about that.

EdB

--
"I'm a Night Elf Mohawk!" - Mr. T.