I just snagged a 19" widescreen Samsung 906BW on ebay for $170 shipped.  It's
crystal clear at 2000:1 with a 2ms latency.
LCD monitors can digitally enhance the contrast ratio much farther than the
physical LCD is capable.  Where you really see quality in LCD is the latency
(how quick the individual pixel can turn on and off).  The lower the number,
the less Haley's Comet trail you will see on the screen.

Luther

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
'87 300SDL (272,xxx mi) head case