-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Donald Snook
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 2:11 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] RE OT: The World Has Plenty of Oil

John Robbins wrote:

"Another point is that as oil gets more expensive the more people will try to
conserve energy.  If gas hit $5 a
gallon you can bet people would be driving less and buying more fuel efficient
vehicles."

I agree with that!  My wife and I have already said if gas gets to $5 a gallon,
we will start commuting to work
together (that won't last long I work a lot more hours than she does).  ALSO,
if it gets to $5 a gallon I am going
to park my expedition and buy a Honda Civic.  I might have to sit in the back
seat to drive it, but the Expedition
gets about 12-13 mpg in town with about 15 for mixed driving.  I try to think
of it in terms of a 100 mile trip.
At $3/gallon it costs me $20.10 to drive 100 miles in my big ole SUV.  At
$5/gallon that goes up to $34.  If I get
30 mpg, then the same trip costs $9.90 at $3/gallon or almost $17 at $5/gallon.

Donald H. Snook

http://www.mtsqh.com/