-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 2:37 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] RE OT: The World Has Plenty of Oil

Agreed, you can't just look at what 100 miles costs at various MPG, you
also have to think about what the CAR costs as well, if it is new and
you have a loan you have to think about the interest, higher insurance,
etc.  If it is not new and you pay cash you still have to consider the
opportunity cost of that money plus all the incremental expenses of
owning another car (registration, insurance, maintenance).

I think for most people, unless they drive a LOT, the perceived economy
of a higher MPG car may be a lot smaller than they think, in total.