You should be able to pull off the bottom panel and the combo switch
should go into a terminal near the steering column.
However the switch is pretty reliable but the wiper mechanism is not if
not maintained.
What about your windshield washer function, if that works then I would
entertain the possibility of crook switch.

Hendrik
who had to use the wipers today