Obviously we have at least some folks who like to eat.  Forget the chicken
for a minute [just cooked what I had], how about country ribs?
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Lee Einer
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 9:11 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] [Banned] OT rotisserie question

I use a Texas smoker, no propane or rotisseries here.

Brine 'em first, helps keep moist. Lower is better, temp-wise.

When I do up a brisket, I typically get up to build the fire around 2:30
- 3 a.m. and let her smoke slow and easy on an oak fire, for 10 hours or
so. Keep the temp low, and it will be smoky/juicy/good. ETOH is also
essential, but not as a marinade or baste. It optimizes the attitude of
the grillmaster.

Bill R wrote:
> It was always amusing to read letters from my hippie big sis when she
talked
> about her large garden: beans, squash, pot, corn ... er, I wouldn't send
> that on a postcard...
> BillR

Lee

If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable. - Kurt Vonnegut