We bought one of those cheap electric smokers - vertacle drum shaped -
and have really enjoyed it. I cut pieces of pecan sticks (picked up in
the back yard), place them beside the element, replace them every
hour, and smoke several birds and cheap pork loins at a time. I rub
curry powoder/garlic salt on the pork, and leave the birds as-is.
Yummy stuff every time. Takes about five hours. I use it year round.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK