CBs are for short range.  Should be ok for 25 yd or so.  I used them
to shoot pests in the barn.  They won't put holes through
things.  Anything I ever shot at with a CB was dead.  BB caps are a
different story.

Are you talking about BB caps?  they have a round .22 inch round
ball.  Not so accurate.  A CB is essentially a .22 short powered by
the primer, or maybe a little more.  A very short powder charge, anyway.

At 10:19 AM 6/19/2008, you wrote:
>Rick Knoble wrote:
>
> > I use CB caps. They are a sub-sonic round so about all you hear
> is the hammer hitting the cartridge.
>
>Ever try to shoot a group at 25 or 50 yards with those?
>I haven't messed with them since the 1970's, but IIRC accuracy
>wasn't very good.
>
>I've had decent accuracy with Remington and CCI subsonics, but
>there's little difference in sound
>from full power ammo, even with my 26" target rifle.

Loren Faeth