Hi,

I understand how it works, I used index 0 to select the combo box and then
used WshShell to move down in the combobox.

Set WebObj = Browser("FruitoftheDay").Page("MY PAGE
-").WebTable("ABC").ChildItem(1, 1, "WebElement", 0)
WebObj.click

WshShell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"

Thanks for helping.

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 11:17:25 AM UTC-4, sarah...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used msgbox to get the values and this is what I get, msgbox
> WebObj.GetROProperty("innertext")
>

> *When *ChildItem(1, 1, "WebElement", 0)*, it returns the field name.*
> When ChildItem(1, 1, "WebElement", 1), it returns the * next to the field
> name
> When ChildItem(1, 1, "WebElement", 2), this is when a string with all the
> options are returned.  (AppleOrangePear))
>
> Thanks for helping?
>

> On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 4:47:51 AM UTC-4, Vikash Mishra wrote:
>
>> Set WebObj = Browser("FruitoftheDay").Page("MY PAGE
>> -").WebTable("ABC").ChildItem(1, #1, "WebElement", 0)
>>
>> WebObj.click
>> On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 10:07:07 PM UTC+2, sarah...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need to select an option from a combo box.  When I use the Spy the
>>> combo box is a webelement.   So I used the following to narrow down the row
>>> and column of the webtable.
>>> FYI, Example of options under combo box are Apple Orange and Pear.
>>>
>>> Set WebObj = Browser("FruitoftheDay").Page("MY PAGE
>>> -").WebTable("ABC").ChildItem(1, 1, "WebElement", 2)
>>> However this returns a string of all the options under combo box.
>>> (AppleOrangePear)
>>>

>>> I used GetCellData, it returns the string as well.
>>> I want to select Orange, how do I go about doing that?
>>>

>>> thanks

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "QTP
- HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing" group.
to mercuryqtp+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.