On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:31:12 +0000 "Brian J. Beesley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2% is the sort of change which can occur when a program is stopped &
> restarted without changing anything else. Probably the cause is a change in
> the page table mapping (of physical to virtual memory addresses).

Oddball phenomena -  On successive LL runs, I'm seeing the following
pattern:  First a run having a given iteration time, then a run with
an iteration time 0.58 percent faster, then a run with the given
iteration time, then a run with the 0.58% faster iteration time -
it keeps on alternating.  This is with the Linux client, but I
suspect such a pattern could be there no matter which client.

mikus