I'm embarrassed to admit that I have the same situation.  Given my past,
I'm concerned about this...

Suffice to say that the machine I used to use when working at a *totally
different* telecom (not US WEST, oddly) had Prime95 running happily on
it.  When I left, I didn't get a chance to wipe the machine, so every
once in a blue moon I see it check in a result.  My mistake, for
assuming this company wiped and reloaded machines that were reassigned
to someone.  It's a lowly Pentium 180, but I had checked it to do LL
tests regardless of server preference.  Meaning that nowadays, it's
taking nearly a year to complete one.

I haven't actually seen it in a while, maybe 6 months or more, so maybe
they finally retired it (a P180 running NT4 with about 128MB of RAM).
It was just odd... 2-3 years after I last saw that machine, and then to
see it report in every 6 months or so.

The odd part was, the machine must not get used all that much because I
thought I had it set to check in every week or so, but it was months
between check-ins.  In that time, the exponent would expire, but then
the machine would come up and start working on it again... meaning
someone else had probably got the assignment and may have even finished
it for all I know.

Very peculiar.  I guess I should count my blessings that it's been
absent for a long while now, lest the FBI accuse me of hacking in and
breaking another telecom's network. :)

I think I shared the story about how even for the next year, every now
and then a US WEST machine was reporting a result.  I just hope that US
WEST was checking that status page and used the reports to find the
machine still running it and wipe it.  Fortunately, last activity on
that (just re-checked, to make sure... hehe) was Jul. 31, 1999.

Aaron