On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, mitch wrote:

> I think that the good parts of Opengl should be merged to the bad parts
> of mesa. Also, is there anyway to squeeze some more speed out of mesa?
> It seems that mesa is a good 8 to 10 FPS slower than Opengl with most
> apps and is much slower for low resolutions.

<pet hate>

  That's a meaningless statement.

  If your application is running at 200fps and it gets 8 to 10 fps
slower, then it'll take 4 to 5% longer to render a frame (big deal!).
If your application is running at 11Hz and it gets an 8 to 10 fps
slowdown then it'll take between 3 and 10 times longer to render a
frame. (YIKES!!!)

  A *relative* FPS reading really doesn't tell us much.

  Also, unless you say *which* other OpenGL and on which platform,
(and for which specific resolutions) there is zero information content.

</pet hate>

> Georgia Institute of Technology, Physics & Computer Science major

Yikes!  I'd have hoped for a more scientific report!

Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.hti.com
Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1