On 13.08.2009 12:19, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 11:31 -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
>> Module: Mesa Branch: master Commit:
>> e643bc5fc7afb563028f5a089ca5e38172af41a8 URL:
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=e643bc5fc7afb563028f5a089ca5e38172af41a8
>>

>> Author: Eric Anholt <e...@anholt.net> Date:   Tue Aug 11 12:59:09
>> 2009 -0700
>>
>> i965: Use _MaxElement instead of index-calculated min/max for VBO
>> bounds.
>
> This change breaks things all over the place here. E.g.
> progs/glsl/array and .../skinning are missing most of the geometry,
> and a lot of the other glsl progs have weird lighting.
The problem here is for vertex buffer elements which have zero stride
count is 1. This is now used as bounds check, which will hence fail for
most indices - according to docs hardware will simply return 0 in this
case (and not the data at start index or something like that which would
work). I'll fix this (should be ok to just disable bounds check for
these cases as in fact any index is valid if stride is 0). (Looks like
this isn't an issue for IGDNG (Ironlake I assume) since it appears like
this one uses address range instead of maximum index to check against
according to the code...).

Roland