Wow, this really got a lot of discussion.

I don't really care *where* the sanity code is, but it just seems
horribly wrong that it's got to be duplicated between per-hook
per-driver in a library that purports simplified drivers with reduced
LOCs. I suppose it's unavoidable to a degree as long as driver setup
is bare, though.

There are alternatives to every single bad draw case, but handling
them correctly needs to be required and documented, and that means we
probably have to agree on them. Examples:
- Oversized colorbufs are forbidden; if you absolutely need them, I
could cook up a u_shatter but it's going to be hilariously slow due to
CPU blits
- While not all textures can fit into VRAM, find the biggest texture
and shrink it
- Too many verts or too many indices are handled by multiple draw calls
- If the bound pipeline is incomplete (at least one state bound to
NULL or unset), results are undefined

Async errors make sense, or at least more sense than no error reporting at all.

--
Only fools are easily impressed by what is only
barely beyond their reach. ~ Unknown

Corbin Simpson
<mostawesomed...@gmail.com>