Recently, Scott Raney wrote:

>> Time for another dumb question...
>>
>> How does one name the default menu item that appears under the Apple menu on
>> MacOS?  I assumed this was done by setting the name of the button (menu)
>> contents, which I've renamed "&About Myapp...", yet the menu continues to
>> appear as "About..." when *not* running under the editor.
>
> Sounds like it's not finding the menu bar at all.  Make sure that the
> group that you're using as a menu bar is available when your stack
> opens (i.e., is in that stack or one of its substacks).

This is the problem.  I know the menu (which resides on a substack) is being
found, because the custom menus I created show up fine.

After playing with it some more, it seems that MC ignores the first line of
the button menu contents, and uses whatever appears on the second line as
the default item under the Apple menu.  Don't ask me why.  I put nothing but
a return on the first line, and the second line reads "About myapp...", and
it appears to work fine.

Scott