On 23/6/00 3:48 pm, Leston Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The application *is* using relative paths to launch the lessons.
> The question I posed is how the INSTALLER program for a lesson can know
> where to copy the files to. They can install the launcher anywhere they want.

Ah: now I get it!  If you have a specific creator type for your application,
you could include/create a small file of that type with your installer, use
our Externals Collection to get path to the application from the file, and
alter the path relative to that.  (That feature hasn't made it into the
Externals Collection released on our site yet: please contact Tuviah if you
want a copy.)

Regards,

Kevin

> Leston Drake
> LetterPress Software, Inc.
> http://www.lpsoftware.com

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.xworlds.com/>
Cross Worlds Computing, MetaCard Distributors, Custom Development.
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.