andu wrote:

> >Peter Reid at wrote:
> >
> >> He clearly believes that MetaCard is a powerful tool somewhat let
> >> down by its current user interface in two respects - a) the interface
> >> presented to the developer, and b) its lack of complete adherence to
> >> Mac U-I guidelines.

Apple ? The SK8 and Hypercard owner/killer ? The "Next" and "WebObjects"
U-I guideline one ?

> The interface presented to the developer... give me a break.
> Best applications are most likely built in environments with no interface.
> Trouble is mac users/developers (at least the ones reading MacUser) must
> relay on editors who are either too superficial or ignorant of developers'
> *real* needs or too involved in politics to give them the real picture.

Sorry friends ! Are we the lonely ones - with you, Andu - to get no
trouble with the MC GUI ?

> >A $10k facelift to MC would save more than $100k in sales.  Easy.
> >
> >I know of more than a few projects which are being done in Director at
> >considerably greater expense than if they were done in MetaCard, but the
> >choice was made primarily because MetaCard's interface gives the impression
> >that the company "doesn't take its non-UNIX target platforms seriously", or
> >"doesn't expect to live long enough" to be worth a 10k facelift.
> >
> >One comment I hear often is, "If it's so easy to make multi-platform UI's,
> >how come the vendor can't do it?"
> >
> >I know, as you know, that such judgements are unfair and completely overlook
> >the tremendous value of the incredible MetaCard engine.  But they persist,
> >and cannot be dismissed if the product is to be successful.
> >
> >We lose a fair amount of work as a result of MetaCard's market perception.
> >I hate Director's dueling metaphors, its misleading pricing, and its support
> >(nothing on this planet matches Scott Raney when it comes to support). Just
> >the same, we have considered moving some projects to Director just to stay
> >in the game.  You can't lead a horse to water if the water is too muddy.
> >
> >I want MetaCard to be wildly successful.  What can we do to help its market
> >perception?

Perhaps a complete GPL web browser to get the best of the web
technologies (tcp/ip, http, ftp,smtp...), the web applications and
databases connecting (including a native odbc/sql client), the
networking and multimedia abilities of MC, this all at once and with a
total transparency of our browser tool (natively multi-plateform,
entierely metatalk based, built to avoid the need of some so poor
and inusables technologies like both javascript, java-applets, xml, wml,
etc... and, even, wy not, html it-self...

Andu, Richard, Sivakatirswami, Kevin, Scott,... ? Could we not go
together in this way...

> >--
> > Richard Gaskin
> > Fourth World Media Corporation
> > Multimedia Design and Development for Mac, Windows, UNIX, and the Web
> >Please send bug reports to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, not this list.
> >

> Regards, Andu
> Please send bug reports to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, not this list.

Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB, DB, B2B & ASP design.
There are contrys where people
have six fingers because they