Richard Gaskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said, on 8/4/00 10:12 AM:

>David Bovill at wrote:
>
>> Is anyone working on a Metacard based browser? I'm just starting on that
>> trail, and either I am making some basic mistakes, or it is more complex
than
>> I thought (as ever).
>
>What would be the advantages of a MetaCard-based browser over MSIE or NN?

For a start:

Reliable cross-platform deployment--current browsers don't truly look the
same on all platforms, and some don't support all three platforms
MetaCard does.

Reliable cross-platform scripting--javascript and the rest don't come
close to what MetaCard offers.

Ditto for Java.

Built-in vector object support--with other browsers, requires the Flash
plugin, or equivalent.

Low memory requirements--Netscape and IE, by comparison, are hogs.

Not that there aren't obstacles as well...

gc