Geoff Canyon wrote:

> Richard Gaskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said, on 8/4/00 10:12 AM:
>
> >David Bovill at wrote:
> >
> >> Is anyone working on a Metacard based browser? I'm just starting on that
> >> trail, and either I am making some basic mistakes, or it is more complex
> than
> >> I thought (as ever).
> >
> >What would be the advantages of a MetaCard-based browser over MSIE or NN?
>
> For a start:
>
> Reliable cross-platform deployment--current browsers don't truly look the
> same on all platforms, and some don't support all three platforms
> MetaCard does.
>
> Reliable cross-platform scripting--javascript and the rest don't come
> close to what MetaCard offers.
>
> Ditto for Java.
>
> Built-in vector object support--with other browsers, requires the Flash
> plugin, or equivalent.
>
> Low memory requirements--Netscape and IE, by comparison, are hogs.
>
> Not that there aren't obstacles as well...
>
> gc

The same and in the details :

- the opportunity to build real multimedia browsers able to parse graphics,
video, sound or text contains without using html, nor xml;
- the opportunity to built TCP/IP networked and multi-users playing consoles
(K-12 schools networked games,...). I'm, for my own, very interested about this
possible way;
- the opportunity to come in the game while Netscape seems to become, more and
more, unable to give expected replys to MSIE.

Pierre Sahores

WEB, DB, B2B & ASP design.
There are countries where people
have six fingers because they