Scott Rossi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said, on 8/4/00 6:14 PM:

>If your goal is to create a new standard for page description, then maybe
>you have a reachable (and laudible) goal, but for current HTML, I would
>suggest taking a step back and evaluating if you really have that kind of
>time available.

I agree. Limited compatibility with existing pages is fine, but if this
quixotic quest has any chance (let's face it--against Microsoft, a
snowball has a better chance in...) then the focus has to be on
downloadable stacks/scripts as "pages."

I can see it now--little badges everywhere on the web saying "This site
best viewed in MetaCard!" This morning, www.warnerbros.com said I had to
have Netscape or Internet Explorer, _and_ Flash, in order to use their
site at _all_ What a thrill it would be to have some major site do a
slight twist on that, and tell me that I needed the free MetaCard viewer
to access their site...sorry, I was daydreaming for a moment there...

gc, who still thinks this idea could be great fun...