On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, David Bovill wrote:

> >YOu can't from Metacard, yet as I was told, but you can do this.  Use QT
> >player 4 - professional and go to sound volume and adjust it there.  The
> >volume of your QT movie will be lower now than the rest of your other sound,
> >movie files.
> >

> Wow!
>
> Anyone know of a way around this? Perhaps I could script selecting and dragging the
>QT controller?

Nope: QT has it's own concept of how events should be handled and
there's no way to simulate this from MetaCard or probably even using
the raw C API.

> Scott, mind teeling me when/how high up his feature is on the
> priority list, or if there is any other way of controlling sound
> volume (not QT)?

This should be available in the next release.  Not sure when that will
be.  For now, setting the global system volume level with the
"playLoudness" property is your only option.
  Regards,
    Scott

PS: Re: the problem previously reported about a gap in looping sounds
in the player, it has been established that this is indeed a problem
with QT and others have reported it to Apple too, which means that
it will probably eventually get fixed...