On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Geoff Canyon wrote:

> On Monday, September 25, 2000, at 04:21 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:
>
> > There may be - but changing resolution with MC open is not supported.
>
> I'm curious what you mean by "not supported." While building an 800x600 version of
>my app's main window earlier today/yesterday, I was dropping from 1024x768 to 800x600
>and back again repeatedly with MetaCard running, checking to see what I was doing,
>with seemingly no ill effects.
>
> So is it just that there aren't any known issues, but it's not officially supported,
>or is there actually something bad happening and I just didn't notice and/or dodged a
>bullet?

Actually it should be fine to do this on both Windows and Mac
(UNIX/X11 doesn't support this anyway).  The only serious issue that I
can think of is that the new windowBoundingRect property isn't reset
when you change the resolution, so windows may not always open in
appropriate places.  What probably *will* get you into trouble is
changing the color depth (8/16/32).  In particular changing in or out
of 8-bit depth from either of the others will likely get you a
psychedelic display though probably not a crash or other misbehavior.
  Regards,
    Scott