Thanks to Kevin and Geof and Gary, and others who replied offlist for their helpful suggestions. Setting the backdrop to black and shooting for an average screen resolution of around 800 x 600 seems the best bet. I hadnt realized the backdrop feature was available. I found it in supercard too! So thanks again. I'm a little worried that screen resolutions will simply continue to increase...but we are not the only ones with this problem I suppose. ALL my software, including my word processors, got very small at the 1000+ resolution. thanks again all, mark m. Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard%40lists.best.com/ Info: http://www.xworlds.com/metacard/mailinglist.htm Please send bug reports to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, not this list.