But for those who have been using MC for a long time, the extra palettes, libraries, and interface elements can get in the way. Someone mentioned speed, and that's a consideration too; it does take somewhat longer for Rev's palettes to load and display their data -- noticeably more time than the equivalent MC palettes. I can think of two examples of how Rev slows my work, both of which I ran up against yesterday, and which caused me to simply switch my working environment from Rev to MC for that session.

This brings up a question. I remember when I initially tested Rev vs. MC, Rev required a LOT more memory. Now if I have a project, and compile it in Rev, and MC, will it require more memory in Rev?

I would assume so, as all the MC stacks I currently embed in my standalones, would now have to be Rev stacks if compiled in Rev.

My new project takes awhile to load in MC. Presumably for the 2000 objects on one card (and nope, this won't be changed, though the public release will not be as bloated, this stack is just for me).

I wonder what Rev would do to it?

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--