On 7/12/03 10:02 AM, Geoff Canyon wrote:

Then I don't understand all the talk of customizing MC. If it's near perfect (for those who like simplicity) the way it is, let it stay that way. It won't take a team effort to keep it compatible with any foreseeable changes to the engine.

I don't recall much talk about altering the MC IDE. What I did see was a desire by long-time users to retain the simplicity and straight-forward nature of what is available right now. I suspect that a bit of embellishment will inevitably occur, but in general I think the goal is simply to retain the compatibility of the relatively static interface that MC has had all these years.

For those who prefer MC's simplicity, I don't see any harm in continuing to assure it is compatible with the most current Rev engine. People will still have to purchase Revolution to get full access to long scripts, so RR won't lose any money by allowing folks a choice of IDEs. They have already said they won't support alternate IDEs, so it won't cost them anything.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]