I'd be real interested in starting to use / develop for the MC IDE, but
don't want to have to switch between applications. Here are my thoughts on
some future directions for discussion:

   1. Separate as many as possible MC IDE components out as standalone
   componenets that can be used in any Rev based environment. List those
   components that already can sit happily in other IDE's.
   2. Develop a RevIde API - more than just the plugin API, one in which we
   can easily switch in and out Script Editors, Property Palettes and menus. Do
   this step by step, and encourage some sort of formalisation of this through
   discussions with other IDE providers.
   3. Link the above in with Rev Interop

I've a few hacks - that try to hook my tools into the RevIDE or GLX2 IDE's
script editors, the MC IDE and others on the Rev list have their own Script
Editors, so I thought that might be a good place to start = Script Editor
Switcheroo API. That is a way to switch between different Script Editors,
and to be able to define and add your own alterrnatives. I am not exacly
sure what interop would be required for that - Richard posted a similar
question regarding ROSE a year or so back - maybe some hooks to respond to
the debugger?

What do you think?