On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 8:16 AM vvs <vvs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was very interested in FOMM 2020, but as there is no transcript I'm
> forced to look at slides and read some second hand impressions.

All the talks were recorded and streamed, and they are set to appear on
youtube shortly. I'll post a link when they come out.

> In case someone missed it and as it's to some extent related to subject:
>
> "Mario Carneiro talked about metamath 0. I wish I could say more about his
> work, but it is too foundational for me to understand it properly. All I
> know is that we had a proof of Dirichlet’s theorem on primes in an AP in
> metamath and then Mario pressed a button and we had one in Lean, and it had
> been written by a computer and was incomprehensible. Scary?"
>
> That were Kevin Buzzard's impressions :)

I had to skip the demo due to time constraints (or time management issues),
so it ended up looking mostly like a theoretical analysis of bootstrapping
theorem provers rather than "Mario shows us a weird proof assistant" which
was what I was actually going for. Oh well.

Mario