From: Art Jones <art.jo...@iscs.com>
To: Michael Farmer <m...@meteoriteguy.com>; meteorite-list
<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Cc: Larry Atkins <thetop...@aol.com>; meteorite-list
<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>; impactika <impact...@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Apr 30, 2015 11:52 am
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Awfully quiet

Hi Mike;That's a good question and I have looked into it before. Theredoesn't
seem to be a way to adjust the format of outgoing email from an iPhoneor iPad.
Most info I have found makes me believe that iOS sends plain text bydefault but
I have had problems as well. I think that the final formatting canbe affected
by the content (e.g. links) or also by the email provider. Theissue has
actually made me consider removing the restriction onhtml.Regards, ArtSent from
my iPhone> On Apr 30, 2015, at 11:35 AM,Michael Farmer <m...@meteoriteguy.com>
wrote:> > I still don't understand. Iuse an IPhone and iPad for 100% of my
emails these days. Some posts make it,mostly only replies to others. How do I
change this on an IPhone? Would love tointeract more but gave up. > > Michael
Farmer> >> On Apr 30, 2015, at11:12 AM, Art Jones <art.jo...@iscs.com> wrote:>>
>> Hi Mike/List;>> >>It's actually simple to assure that your posts will show
up:  don’t use richformatting in your emails.  99% of the time an email doesn’t
make it is due tothe formatting.  I chose to block rich text and HTML as a
means of decreasingthe possibility of virus transmission.>> >> see policy #7
[7. Send emailsin text format, not HTML or Rich Text (these will be bounced)]>>
From:Meteorite-list [mailto:meteorite-list-boun...@meteoritecentral.com] On
Behalf OfMichael Farmer via Meteorite-list>> Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015
10:06AM>> To: Larry Atkins>> Cc:
meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com;impact...@aol.com>> Subject: Re:
[meteorite-list] Awfully quiet>> >> In myopinion the list is dying because 90%
of what people post never makes it. Mostof my emails are blocked, never to
appear. Why? I have no clue. Most others tellme the same thing. I just post on
Facebook and sell my things in minutes.  Mucheasier. Why? I don't know. >> Sad
to see, the list was once a great placewhere information and stories were
shared. Mostly now just an eBay add site.>> Michael >> Sent from my iPad>> >>>
On Apr 30, 2015, at 9:30 AM, LarryAtkins via Meteorite-list
<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com> wrote:>>>>>> Hi Anne, List,>>> >>> I for
one am sad to see the decline in listactivity. I've been on here for many years
and I miss the multiple, daily poststhat we used to get. It was such an active,
fun, educational, and entertainingplace! (sometimes a little mean, too)>>> >>>
I joined facebook some time agoso as not to feel as out dated as I actually am
: ) and to keep up with thetimes. Unfortunately for me, I don't seem to get the
joy from facebook that themet list of old gave me. I have barely said 2 words
on facebook. I really can'tput my finger on what the disconnect is, but it's
there. Perhaps it's thesnippets of info instead of more details, maybe it's the
hundreds of people thatwant to be my 'friend' that I've never heard of. Maybe I
feel like it's going tobe to much of a commitment once I dive in? On top of all
this is the privacyissue, real or imagined.>>> >>> The future is knocking and I
know it's onlya matter of time before I have to give in to change so as not to
go sociallyextinct! >>> >>> >>> Sincerely,>>> Larry Atkins>>> >>> IMCA #1941>>>
Ebay alienrockfarm>>> >>> >>> >>> -----OriginalMessage----->>> From: Anne Black
via Meteorite-list<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>>>> To:
graham.ensor<graham.en...@gmail.com>; majbaermann <majbaerm...@web.de>>>> Cc:
bernd.pauli<bernd.pa...@paulinet.de>; meteorite-list
<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>;msgmeteorites
<msgmeteori...@gmail.com>>>> Sent: Thu, Apr 30, 2015 7:15am>>> Subject: Re:
[meteorite-list] Awfully quiet>>> >>> >>> I certainlyagree with you, David,
Matthias.I don't like Facebook and theirprivacy policies,or lack of. It makes
the Government agencies look like rankamateurs when itcomes to watching what we
are all doing.However I certainlyunderstand whatGraham is saying when he writes
 "had to venture into using itfor marketingother aspects etc... just no choice
if you want to keep up withthings."And thereare times when I wonder if I will
not be obligated to join itjust and only forbusiness purposes. That would be a
very bitter pill toswallow!!!Anyway we canall band together, protect our
privacy, and keep theList going??Any comments?anybody? Anne
m.blackwww.impactika.comimpact...@aol.com-----OriginalMessage-----From:Graham
Ensor <graham.en...@gmail.com>To: MatthiasBärmann<majbaerm...@web.de>Cc: Anne
Black <impact...@aol.com>; MartinGoff<msgmeteori...@gmail.com>; Greg Hupe
<gmh...@centurylink.net>; Bernd V.Pauli<bernd.pa...@paulinet.de>;
meteoritelist<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>Sent: Wed, Apr 29, 2015
5:12pmSubject:Re: [meteorite-list] Awfully quietI always said I would not
ventureintoFacebook but unfortunately itis whereall the action is and is so
easy touse,post pictures to,share info, personalmessage and find new
material...seeearlynewfinds and acquire excitingsamples...Also had to venture
into usingitformarketing other aspectsetc...just no choice if you want to
keepupwiththings.You do need to keepit in check with privacy settings and try
nottoletit take over your lifethough.GrahamOn Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at
10:47PM,MatthiasBärmann<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com> wrote:>> I
agree,Anne.And Iask myself emphatically: why the hell sell my "soul">
(whateverthatmight be)for free? Something rhymes ...>> Best, Matthias>>>>
Am29.04.2015um22:26 schrieb Anne Black via Meteorite-list:>>>> I'll have
toagree withGreg.>>The French Forum is rather quiet too, except for our
"NamethatMeteorite">>game.>> Certainly Social Media Overload.>>>> Therearestill
people talking butthere is nothing really new to talk>> about, nonewFall, no
new discoveries.>> Soa bit of peace and quiet.>>>>>> AnneM.Black>>
www.IMPACTIKA.com>>impact...@aol.com>>>>>>-----OriginalMessage----->> From:
Martin GoffviaMeteorite-list<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>>>
To:GregHupé<gmh...@centurylink.net>>> Cc: Bernd
V.Pauli<bernd.pa...@paulinet.de>;meteorite-list>><meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>>>Sent:
 Wed, Apr 29,2015 2:15 pm>>Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Awfullyquiet>>>>>>
HiBernd, Tracy, all.>>>>Most of my meteorite related chat now
occursviaFacebook>> and this is>> whati observe from many others too.
Numerouspeoplewithin>> our>> meteoritecommunity who were regular posters here
onthe metlist inow>> see>> postingdaily in the various facebook groups
andforums. I know>> it'snot for>>everyone but i for one would certainly feelas
if i was>> missing out onthe>>latest meteorite news and chat if I werenot on>>
Facebook.>>>> I havedonequite a>> few posts over the lastyear where i have>>
submitted the samepostvia various>> different forumsand plarforms to>> try and
see whichgeneratedthe most>> conversation and ihave to say>> Facebook won by
huge marginseverysingle>> time.>>>> Hopeto see you on there maybe Bernd? Your
experienceandknowledge>> would>> behugely beneficial to everyone there
:-)>>>>Kindregards>>>>Martin>>>>>>>>>>>> On 29>> April 2015 at
21:02,GregHupé>><meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com> wrote:>> Hello
BerndandAll,>>>>>>Maybe 'Social Media Overload'? I have been talking
with>>>>severalfriendsover>>>>>> the last few months about the dramatic
slowdown[from>>>>lasttwo years] which>>>>>> has many contributing factors, none
ofwhich ispurely;>>>>MetList Forum,>>>>>> Facebook, Twitter or any of
theotheroutlets of info...almost>>>> a 'Quiet>>>>>> Before the Storm'effect.It
may be an indication of'The Market'>>>> and/or>>>>>> 'Supply&Demand' which has
been very tough since2008 and even more>>>>since>>>>>>one year ago in 'my'
experience and dealings. Ishould look upat the>>>>sky>>>>>> and see if the
birds are heading in anodddirection for this timeof>>>>> year...>>>>>>
BestRegards,>>>Greg>>>>>>====================>>> Greg Hupé>>>
TheHupé>>>>Collection>>>>>>gmh...@centurylink.net>>>
www.NaturesVault.net(OnlineCatalog &>>>>Reference Site)>>>>>> www.LunarRock.com
(OnlinePlanetaryMeteoriteSite)>>>>> NaturesVault (Facebook,
Pinterest&eBay)>>http://www.facebook.com/NaturesVault>>>>>>http://pinterest.com/NaturesVault>>>IMCA>>>>3163>>>>>>====================>>>
 Click here for my
currenteBayauctions:>>>>>http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnaturesvault>>>>>>>>>>>>-----OriginalMessage----->>>>From:
 Bernd V. Pauli via Meteorite-list>>>>>>Sent:Wednesday, April 29, 20153:34>>>>
 quiet>>>>>>>>>> ...  or haveIbeendropped?>>>>>>>>> Hello Tracy, Greg,
List,>>>>>> No,>>>> youhaven'tbeendropped but the frequency of
contributions>>>>>> hasdropped>>>>considerably.Interestingly, the same
phenomenon on>>>>>>Geoff's CSR forumand even>>>> on ourGerman forum.>>>>>>

 Archives
athttp://www.meteorite-list-archives.com>Meteorite-listmailinglist>Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>https://pairlist3.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list______________________________________________VisittheArchives