Mark,

Before they start bring back tons of moon dirt I plan to sell my collection.
Will use profits to buy earth rock to sell to decendants of space colonists.

Howard

By the way. Where do you get your helium 3?

mark ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Howard,

…. No, we would simply have another cheap supplier of He3 !!J

Mind you It would actually be far more profitable to just bring back moon rock, I am sure the first batch would sell for a couple of million bucks a gram.

It amazes me that considering the amount of money (billions and billions) invested in gold and diamond mines,  the moon hasn’t been exploited for its gem-stone potential. (a ‘moon rock’ pendent would sell for millions), it must be worth some ones while sending a probe to bring back a ton of the stuff!

Anyone know what the approximate cost of a 50kg sample return mission to the moon would cost these days?

Cheers,

Mark F.

 Howard Wu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  WROTE:

When the Chinese start mining helium 3 off the moon are we going to stop them?

Howard Wu

mark ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tom,

I believe there is some 'international treaty on space' that means it belongs to everyone and no one. (A bit like
Antarctica). - (Unless of course there is oil there then it's a different story :)

It's a pity in some ways it's not like the old days when explorers 'claimed the land for their country', then we really would see a half decent space race, which would really move things along...

Mark Ford