Exactly. When the seller demands more than the buyer is willing to pay, the
seller either adjusts his prices or keeps his merchandise. Supply and demand is
more applicable to necessities than extravagances. None of us can eat
meteorites, well, most of us can't or won't.

Extremely rare material is an exception I suppose.

Bill