Have you checked the coolant/heater hose housing at the back of the head,  
near the coil packs?  
If the gasket is weak, it will leak when hot and the coolant may dry up,  
leaving little evidence except for a slight stain on the top of the 
transmission  
housing.  If you press down on the transmission's clutch fork boot and  find 
coolant there, then the heater hose housing would be a suspect  source.
Another possibility would be a leak on the inside of the car that run  
beneath the carpet, but you'd probably notice the smell of coolant while 
driving  
with the windows up. 
 
Jerry aka LGO
 
In a message dated 11/1/2008 6:26:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Did  a routine checked of my fluids today - coolant expansion bottle had 
dropped to  below minimum in the last 500 miles. I've always had a slow loss of 
coolant,  but this is a little faster than I remember. In the early days of the 
2L  (first 500 miles) it was due to a blown head gasket, but it has continued  
since then at a steady but lesser rate. I've looked everywhere, but can see 
no  tell tell signs and the oil/coolant show no contamination. I can usually 
smell  coolant when it has been driven in the rain.

I've looked in all the  places I can think of but the coolant must be going 
somewhere. Any hidden  places to look that I might have missed? The radiator is 
an FM twincooler, all  hoses are silicone (Samco) with constant torque 
clamps, block was a '96 and it  has a complete '99 head. 

Steve.
www.slowmx5.com  







**************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel.  Check out Today's Hot 
5 Travel Deals! 
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212416248x1200771803/aol?redir=http://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001)
_______________________________________________
Miatapower mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.miatapower.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/miatapower

Reply via email to