It is my opinion that adding anything to the coolant to seal leaks is a bad 
idea. Whatever film or barrier it uses to plug the hole is evenly distributed 
over the entire coolant area including the radiator. I have to believe that 
would somehow make the radiator less efficient and add an unnecessary film to 
everything. Just my opinion.

In regards to your slow leak, did you check the radiator cap to make sure the 
valve is working correctly?

To bad about the flooding, I hope everything works out.

Thanks....Steve
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Steve Willington 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:59 PM
  Subject: Re: Mystery coolant loss...


  Thanks to all those that have come back and made suggestions - I'll give them 
a go. It will take me a little time though as we had an intense hail storm here 
the other night flooding my garage (pictures and video of flood at my place 
http://www.rockbeareweather.co.uk/Previous%20data/301008%20flood.html and of 
hail feet deep http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7700167.stm ) and it 
appears I'll be without the use of it for a little longer than I thought.

  In the meantime does anyone have any good reason(s) why I shouldn't try a 
product like Holts Radweld http://www.holtsauto.com/products/index.html (it's 
under maintenance) as a temporary fix?

  Steve.
  www.slowmx5.com




------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  Miatapower mailing list
  [email protected]
  http://list.miatapower.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/miatapower
_______________________________________________
Miatapower mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.miatapower.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/miatapower

Reply via email to