On 11 Sep 2006, at 23:17, Stephanie Booth (bunny) wrote:
Does this way of using hatom on comments make sense to you?

It does to me, yes. Although not using two separate hAtom feeds. I'd just have one with the original post as the first entry in the feed and comments following on sequentially. It's _a feed of the discussion_, in my eyes.

I'm not sure I understand the reason for wanting multiple feeds or nested feeds to represent comments. I can't see the need for a distinction between a comment and the original post at all.

The most important thing, with regards to the Atom 1.0 spec, is that the id for the original post in the comments feed should be the same as the id for that same post in the main, front-page feed. If a conforming feed reader were to subscribe to both feeds, it should understand that they are the same entry.

Ben