On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Ameer Dawood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just one more thing to add. Microformats should be designed in such a
> way that authors are not obliqued to wrrite up a spcific date format
> for display to users. If we are to follow the idea of a
> machine-readable as well as human-readable date format, then authors
> would be obliqued to use that specific format for users.

With the current system authors are obliged to write up a specific
date format for computers to parse, as well as one for humans to read.

They should not have to produce both types on every occasion.
If a parser isn't able to work out tomorrow or next week from context,
then that date could be made more explicit in the code until solutions
are devised.

It's not right though to demand content authors to duplicate the dates
they're entering.
Humans first, machines second. That's how it should be.

--
Paul Wilkins