Martin McEvoy wrote:
Hello Samuel
Samuel Richter wrote:
I read some blog posts this morning on microformats and a common
concern (and I feel a legitimate one) is the "scraping of hCard's from
web sites for future generations of spammers."  I believe that fear,
if left unaddressed, will kill the microformat effort.  Has there been
any discussion of this?
The point about microformats is they allow you to mark up things that already exist, microformats document current usage patterns.

People, organizations, buisnesses publish their e-mail addresses all the time, much more than they publish hcards, so really the problem isn't the humble hcard or microformats its how emails are published, that all aside If you don't want people on the web to be able to scrape your email address don't publish it.

There was a discussion about hCard and Spam here: http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2005-July/000382.html that you may find informative.

--
Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/