Kind of along the same lines. Why use a media converter when Mikrotik offers several units with SFP cages?

On 8/27/2014 9:13 PM, Alexander Neilson wrote:
Have you replaced cables / testing with other cables? We have seen more issues
like this from bad cables than devices at the other end.

For compatibility and management reasons we often use 2011LS (or above) routers
as media converters because we can pull out a management VLAN as well.

Other than that can you provide model numbers for the Media Converters you are
using so we can advise?

Regards
Alexander

Alexander Neilson