Am Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:37:24 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Mau V via
MiKTeX-Users:

> Under such conditions, could I be 100% sure that I would be ableĀ  to
> regularly upgrade my MikTeX installation, edit the config file for map of new
> fonts, with lines such as...
>
> initexmf --edit-config-file updmap
> etc.
>
> without asking the technician who has admin rights to do that for me?

Yes, there is no problem to use miktex in single user mode in a user
account without admin rights if you install it in a folder where you
have writing and unless they didn't some extra policy that restrict
your rights in the user account.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/