WIth respect to a code of conduct, in my opinion if anything much more detailed
than ‘Don’t be a dick,’ genuinely needs to be explained to the team, then I’ll
find another team. Relevant xkcd: https://xkcd.com/1357/
<https://xkcd.com/1357/>

A foundation is a minefield that needs a lot of careful discussion and
consideration. I think it’s a little bit too early to declare one but
discussions should start in the not too far distant future, as I think one will
be highly desirable for legal protection and possibly funding. By the way,
nothing is stopping anybody from taking the code and creating whatever business
or organisation or ‘foundation’ they want around it, but nobody is forced to
pay any attention to it if they don’t like it for any reason either. In my
not-so-humble-on-this-point opinion, successful projects need leadership with a
vision that doesn’t change direction every time someone posts something on a
forum, and that leadership needs to come from one or a group of individuals
somehow. If this idea, or the particular leadership of a particular project, is
offensive to you, or if you just feel it’s better to take a public vote on
every line of code, fork away, find people who agree with you, and do your
thing.

More humbly; I agree ‘quid' is a good word, it rolls off the tongue much better
than ‘pound’, so saying ‘thirty quid’ feels more natural than ‘thirty pounds’.
Unfortunately it very much remains in common usage in the U.K. I’m not entirely
sure how to describe this phenomenon, so without trying to be smart, let me
give you an example: Imagine I’m from England and I’ve just made a serious
suggestion to you, an American, that the currency should be called ‘bucks’… as
in “I’ll give you thirty bucks for lunch”. Nobody says ‘bucks’ in the UK unless
they’re emulating Americans for comedy value, so it all sounds jolly amusing,
and I give you a few other examples of how the word ‘bucks’ can be used in
reference to the crypto currency. Let your reaction to that suggestion wash
over you for a bit, (perhaps smile and nod a bit if you’re being polite), and
that’s precisely the reaction you’ll get from anyone in the UK or Ireland at
the suggestion the currency should be called a ‘quid’.

With apologies
-YP