BBC's 'Panorama' produced a documentary last night on 'Baby P' - Peter 
Connelly killed at 17 months after much abuse 7 years ago.  The 
perpetrators were jailed, scum of little interest.  There was a serious 
case review, generally a hapless procedure of whitewash here.  It now seems 
this and other reports were a fix to pin blame on social services - in fact 
all agencies involved were useless, social services perhaps less so than 
the politicians and others.  Obviously, no reasonable society would want 
this kind of vicious cover-up at all or not to know what really went on for 
7 years, given we should want to put things right (the 'learning lessons' 
rhetoric).

Britain is an intensely secretive society.  I don't even know why we got 
involved in the two world wars, let alone Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and 
Syria.  When I think of Gabby or Germans I have actually met, I have even 
less idea on the world wars.  I doubt ignorance is my problem in this - 
it's just clear the general stuff we are given is bunk.  When one 
researches social issues from war to child abuse, the reality shifts a long 
way from the history of Empire I was taught and the idea our politicians 
and bureaucracy operate in any competent way.

In another case, in Rotherham, more than 1400 victims of child sexual 
exploitation were further abused by all the services they encountered.  In 
this case, a young, female Home Office researcher had her work destroyed 
and was threatened by two police officers who said they were going to give 
her name and address to the abusers.  There are so many other cases I doubt 
I could finish writing their outline within a couple of days.  This is 
before one thinks about our banks and business practices, and revolting 
breaches of trust by priests, teachers and cops.

Who can we even tell when it is almost impossible to think of any speedy 
and fair investigations and resolutions - or even admissions of wrong-doing 
by our establishments?  This before you realise cops and other agencies 
quickly brief against victims and other complainants.

 

-- 

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to