> Still, the question if we want those in our crt is a separated issue.
> That's a question of being backward compatible, which is important IMO.
> Too bad those were introduced in the first place...

To me, this is the key question.  I agree that breaking backward
compatibility is a bad thing.  And worse, we don't have any idea how
many projects would be affected.  And really, the fix is pretty trivial
(like I say, probably just an alias).

On the other hand, if someone were to post a message to some project
saying "I'm using your header files to access someone else's lib files
and it doesn't always work right," who would you say is at fault?  The
header people?  The lib people?  Or the crazy person who is trying to
mix the two?

I'm still prepared to add these definitions back to the library file if
people feel strongly.  I just want to point out that if I do, there will
be no way to access these symbols using our headers.  You must be using
boost (or some similar project) to reference them. And that just feels odd.

In summary, I've got Ruben who (I think) is saying to leave them out and
work with boost (and others) to deal with the consequences.  And Jacek
who (I think) is saying we should put them back to maintain backward
compatibility.  If this were just a technical question, I'd vote to
leave them out.  But really it's more of a political question.  And
that's something I'm really bad at.

So, who decides?  If it's me, I'm probably going to wimp out and add the
defs back to avoid the conflict.

dw