On 01/02/15 14:47, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> It would definitely help us when mingw-w64 would do more frequent
> releases.

We had a discussion about that in the past, but there was no follow-up.
The problem that I can see with past releases that I've been involved in
is that there was always a lot of development work just before the
release. How about we do an experiment and do a 'light' stable release
off the master branch, with no time nor feature pressure. Master branch
is pretty stable at this point and contains enough changes to be worth
giving it in hands of users. We could just branch at any point soon and
release a beta. Depending on how feedback goes, we decide on when to do
the final release, but we don't push to have any new development done
for the release nor block development on master branch. This should be
mostly straightforward.

Jacek