On Tue, 16 Aug 2016, dw wrote:

On 8/15/2016 11:45 PM, Martin Storsjö wrote:
Remove the extra copyright disclaimer headers that you're adding. If you're keen on adding them, send a separate patch for that.

I have removed the 'extra' text (attached). Note that I am attaching 2 files, but they are identical. The goal is to see if text/x-patch files are being accepted by this list now.

I still think this level of 'purity' results in a great deal of unnecessary work on everyone's part. But if this is what's required to get patches approved...

Anything less than this results in a commit history which is a huge pain to deal with afterwards.

Also keep in mind that it is absolutely trivial to do this with git, and you can post your full series (including attached commit messages, so that the commit message can be reviewed along with the diff) so that people can review all of them at once, instead of spoon-feeding one patch at a time which surely takes a lot of time and a huge number of roundtrips.

No other objection from me, but please wait for at least somebody else to comment on it as well.

Are you not authorized to approve patches? Who should I be looking for email from then? Or is there something about this particular patch that requires a closer look?

I'm just a very recent contributor, but I'm trying to get the suggested patches up to a level that I'm comfortable with, and that is common practice in other projects I've been involved with.

// Martin