Symbols in libuuid.a are definitely duplicated, tested on MSYS2, Ubuntu,
Arch:

nm '/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libuuid.a' | grep FileProtocol
0000000000000000 R CLSID_FileProtocol
0000000000000000 r .rdata$CLSID_FileProtocol
00000000000000f0 R CLSID_FileProtocol

Here is disassembly of first duplicated symbol from Ubuntu:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24493619/